Homemade chicken pot pie has to be one of the most popular dishes that most people would say is on their “go to” list for comfort foods. This hearty dish has it all – meat, veggies, creamy sauce, and a crunch/flaky crust to hold it all together. This particular version gets you to the tasty finish line without all the hassle of a crust and simmering of veggies. I’m not one to cut corners when it comes to taste, so trust me when I say you can make this simple version and still have the delicious comfort you’ve come to expect from pot pie.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can flaky biscuits (10 count)
- 1, 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1, 10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1, 15oz can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1, 8 oz can very young tender sweet peas, drained
- 2 Cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together chicken, soups, and vegetables in a cast iron (or oven proof skillet of choice) over med – med high heat. bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. (You can add up to 1/2 Cup chicken broth if you like a more juicy soup base.)
- While skillet is simmering, open can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 equal quarters. Place the quarters on the top of the mixture as it’s simmering.
- When all biscuits are cut and top of skillet mixture is covered, remove from heat and place skillet in oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Checking for doneness and level of brown desired of biscuits.
0 comments on “Skillet Chicken Pot Pie”Add yours →