These cookies are what some refer to as a “cake box” cookie and they are so simple! The balance of the not-so-sweet German chocolate cake mix with the chocolate chips is perfect for a treat that satisfies your sweet tooth without being too rich. Be careful though – they are addictive!
German Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet (I use a baking stone for mine, but you can use what you have. Adjust cooking time as needed, as pans/oven temps may vary.)
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil with electric mixer on med speed until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans by hand, mix well
- Form 1 in rounds of dough (using either a scooper or tablespoon) and drop them onto the cookie sheet, spacing roughly 1 in apart
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until dough is cooked, but may seem a bit soft
- Remove from oven, set aside for 2 min (leave cookies on cookie sheet)
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely
- Store in an airtight container/cookie jar