This gooey, freestyle version of an apple pie crossed with the flavoring of a caramel apple is always hit at any gathering – and it’s so very simple to make. You can literally put it together in a couple of minutes and let it bake while you prep for guests. Although it’s delicious on it’s own, feel free to add a scoop of vanilla bean icecream to the top while it’s still warm for an even more incredible tasty treat.
Apple and Caramel Dump Cake
- 2 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 C caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 box yellow cake mix (butter recipe is my favorite)
- 1 1/2 – 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 C chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F
- Pour canned apple pie filling into 9X13 baking dish
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and caramel. ** You can omit the additional spices if desired.
- Smooth the mixture evenly in the dish
- Spread the cake mix evenly over the top of the mixture. Be sure to make the surface as smooth as possible with no peaks.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix layer. Be sure to cover the entire top. Leaving any part of the cake mix uncovered may leave an uncooked portion of your topping or be very light compared to the rest of the top layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the op, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 40 – 50 minutes, or until cake mix topping is cooked through and at desired golden brown coloring.
- Let cool for just a few minutes, but serve while still warm.