If you like traditional yellow rice, then you need to try this version as a little something different for a side dish. This recipe combines a basic yellow rice with a few ingredients that give it a Mexican flavor kick that is quite tasty. You can use it to compliment chicken in a traditional dinner, or maybe even add it to a Mexican inspired dinner of your choice to give your meal a little more flare.
- 10 oz pkg yellow rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can of Mexican style kernel corn (with green/red peppers), drained
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican style cheese of choice)
- Cook yellow rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- In a 13X9 baking dish, stir together yellow rice, cream of chicken soup, Mexican style kernel corn (drained), and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and cover top with remaining cheese. (Add more if you like a cheesier topping)
- Bake at 350 until the chees melts evenly over the top.
**Another tip: You can add chopped, cooked chicken to the recipe and create a variation of chicken and yellow rice that can serve as a meal all on it’s own.
0 comments on “Yellow Rice Casserole”Add yours →