Chili is a wonderful option for any cool/cold evening and it’s so simple to make. This recipe is perfect for a quick, hearty weeknight meal as well as it’s ready in 30 minutes with very little effort on your part. You can use the recipe as it is, or feel free to toss in your favorite spices/veggies to add even more bold flavor.
- 2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 pkg chili seasoning
- 28 oz can diced, petite tomatoes
- 1 1/12 – 2 C 100% pure tomato juice
- 15 oz can dark red kidney bean, drained
- 15 oz can light red kidney bean, drained
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or fajita seasoning (optional if want more heat)
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a lg dutch oven type pot, brown ground chuck and onion over medium high heat until meat is cooked through. Drain, return to pot, leave on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle in chili seasoning, smoked paprika, and salt/pepper and stir to mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring frequently to be sure all are blended.
- After it all comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes.
- Taste, season more if desired.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and either crackers or corn chips.
0 comments on “Hearty Chili”Add yours →