A unique combination of flavors that are sure to wow your taste buds and your friends! You can make this an individual meal, or make a couple of them to cut up as an appetizer. Either way, you will enjoy the sweet and savory blend of Bartlett pears and blue cheese.
Pear/Blue Cheese Flatbread
- 1 individual size premade flatbread
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 Bartlett pear, peeled/sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1 slice Prosciutto
- 1/4 Cup Pecans, chopped
- Garlic salt
- Balsamic glaze for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Arugula (or spring mix greenery of choice) for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sautee onion in med/hi heated skillet until softened to taste. Use butter or olive oil to intensify flavor. Put aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place flatbread on sheet plan and brush edges only with melted butter. Shake garlic salt around the butter outlined rim of flatbread. Coat to desired thickness.
- Brush a thin layer of butter inside the rim and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt and 1/2 Italian seasoning.
- Add layers in this order, distributing evenly on the flatbread inside the garlic/butter edges:
- 1/3 blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 goat cheese crumbles (if using)
- Prosciutto, torn into pieces
- Pear slices
- Chopped pecans
- Remaining blue cheese/goat cheese
- Remaining Italian seasoning
- Place in oven for 10 – 12 minutes, or until desired coloring is achieved
- Remove from over and place flatbread on serving dish
- Spread Arugula evenly on top while warm and drizzle with balsamic glaze