A sweet, chewy treat that’s been around for generations and surely we last for many more. If you like a gooey blend of butterscotch, chocolate, sweet cream and more, then this is one recipe you need to try.
Classic 7 Layer Bars
- 3 Cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup butterscotch chips
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 Cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9X13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Mix until you can pinch a small amount in your hand and it holds together. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Be sure to cover the bottom of the pan evenly. This will form the crust for the bars.
- Sprinkle the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans evenly in layers over the crust. Be sure the ingredients are evenly distributed around the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top, being careful to evenly spread the sweetness to all parts of the pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Check for slightly darkened edges and a set center to determine when they are done. Be careful not to overcook as the edges/corners may burn if left too long.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing.
0 comments on “Classic 7 Layer Bars”Add yours →