A classic peanut butter cookie is always hit with even the pickiest sweet eater. This simple recipe can be whipped up while dinner is going on and be ready for the whole family to enjoy for desert.
- 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tspn vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tspn baking powder
- 1/2 Tspn baking soda
- 1/2 Tspn salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in small bowl, set aside.
- Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, and butter at medium speed until smooth and blended.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Add sifted ingredients to creamy mixture, beating at medium speed until blended smooth.
- Using small scoop or teaspoon, shape dough into roughly 1 inch balls, roll in sugar.
- Place 1 1/2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the tops of the cookies using a fork dipped in sugar using a crisscrossed pattern.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned and cookie is firm.