These sweet and savory treats are great for breakfast or brunch. A savory sausage of your choice wrapped in sweet, buttery crescent roll dough make for a tasty delight that is sure to please everyone. You can add you own touch to this recipe by mixing any combination of sausage/crescent roll that you like – your imagination is your only limit.
- 3/4 – 1 pound roll of ground sausage with sage seasoning (can use flavor of your choice)
- 1 refrigerated tube of buttery crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the entire tube of crescent rolls, being as gentle as possible Pinch together all seams to make the dough into a single, rectangular shape with no separation in any areas.
- Break apart the ground sausage (no, you’re not cooking it) and spread evenly over the crescent roll dough. Leave a small area clear around the edges, but not very big.
- Starting from the long side of the dough, gently roll the dough to form a “loaf” with the seam side down. Be careful while rolling to ensure you are making the loaf even and tight.
- Slice the loaf into approximately 1/2 inch pinwheels and place on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and crescent roll is browned.
0 comments on “Sausage Pinwheels”Add yours →