This dish will easily become one of the family’s favorites for the flavor and one of yours for how simple it is to make. It can be made in 30 minutes and it’s bursting with flavor every time. You can even switch it up and use chicken if you’d like.
Simple Shrimp Pasta
- 8 – 10 oz spaghetti (or any pasta shape of your choice)
- 1 pound shrimp – uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 6 Tbsp butter, salted
- 3 Tbsp olive oil + extra if needed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 Cups baby spinach, long stems removed if needed
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, shredded + extra if desired
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, save remaining half for garnish/addition juice, if needed
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to directions on package.
- After the pasta has cooked for half of it’s time, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and live oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter and oil are melted, add shrimp, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if used) and cook the shrimp for 3 – 5 minutes, or until pink over entire outside. Be sure to stir quite often so not to allow shrimp/garlic to burn.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Be sure to keep all of the “juices” from the skillet with the shrimp.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet and turn down the heat to medium low.
- Drain the pasta (leaving it a little wet,) add directly to the skillet and stir to cover noodles with butter. You may add more olive oil if needed.
- Add the spinach, cover with lid for approximately 1 minute, then stir to combine. Continue cooking over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the spinach wilts.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet with all of the juices and stir to combine.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, toss together.
- Sprinkle the top with parsley before serving.
- Garnish with lemon, more Parmesan cheese if desired.